When the drive belt on your kBox4 is damaged and cannot be trimmed, it needs to be replaced. Here’s how to fix it.
If trimming the damaged parts of the belt leaves a remaining belt that is too short, the belt needs to be replaced. Follow this procedure for the kBox4:
- Verify that you have a replacement belt, or purchase it here.
- Remove the Belt from the shaft, flip kBox4 over, take out from the Belt Lock and unwind all the Belt from the take-up spool.
- Detach the Belt from the take-up spool by disconnecting at the hook between the long and the short strand close to the spring. Make sure the short strand is fixated so the spring doesn’t unwind and loosen its tension [can damage the spring].
- Attach new Drive Belt to the short strand at the hook.
- Reassemble the Belt all the way back to the shaft in the reverse order from when you removed it. Attach the Belt to shaft after you are certain that the Pulley is connected and the Belt isn’t twisted.
PROCEDURE: kBox4 Lite (2016 model)
- Verify that you have a replacement belt, or contact us to order.
- Remove the Belt from the shaft, push Belt Lock Button and pull out all of the Belt.
- Put the new Belt through the Belt Lock, attach the Pulley and attach to the shaft. Make sure the Belt isn’t twisted.
- Watch this video for the kBox4.
- Watch this video for the kBox4 Lite (2016 model).
- For previous versions of the kBox, see the kBox3 maintenance video guide.