Certified Flywheel Trainer – CFT
- Goal: To understand the physiology and benefits of flywheel training and the benefits of eccentric training, and to be able to apply methods of load and eccentric overload.
- Covers: The fundamentals of the concept of flywheel training and its application to users and practical usage in a professional setting, such as performance, fitness and within the medical field.
- Prerequisites: Basic strength and conditioning education
- Duration: 4 hours
- Cost: EUR 250 per participant (includes Flywheel User Course)
- The Flywheel Trainer Course (Level II) is a buildup the Flywheel User Course (Level I)
- Included: meal, snacks & refreshments, individual certification diploma and Flywheel Training Guide
We recommend a couple of years of experience in strength training to attend the Flywheel Trainer Course (Level II). Merit to have used a flywheel training device before.
Goals and Objectives
- To get a deeper knowledge of eccentric training
- To understand the physiology and benefits of flywheel training
- To be able to use flywheel training safely and efficiently within a professional setting
- To be introduced to different methods of load and eccentric overload
- To be introduced to the science behind flywheel training
Content and Structure
The course includes 4+4 hours of instruction on flywheel training with the kBox & kPulley, with alternating theoretical and practical elements. The concepts of strength and different forms of strength training are discussed, including neural factors, muscular factors and mechanical factors of flywheel training. Different strength training exercises with the kBox flywheel device are practiced, methods for overload and applications are demonstrated.
Clothing: We recommend training clothes to be able to participate in the practical sessions. Course content and other related materials will be delivered. Local tax and expenses may be added to the costs above.