How to quickly get up and running with the kBox4.
Please read the following short guide and watch the introduction video before your first workout.
- Remove the products from the box (see video).
- Place the kBox4 on its feet on a flat, stable surface.
- Store all packaging material for any future transportation needs.
- Please note that flywheels are packed separately from the rest of the kBox system.
2. Mount flywheel
- Release the flywheel locknut by pulling the black knob (see video).
- Remove the flywheel locknut and mount the flywheel or flywheels. For your first exercise it’s recommended to start with one large flywheel.
- Fasten the flywheel locknut by pushing it back onto the shaft until you hear a ‘click’.
3. Connect attachment
- Open the snap shackle by pulling the “pull to release”-tag connected to the pulley block.
- Attach your desired attachment, such as kGrip, kBar or Harness.
- If using the Exxentric Harness, turn the flaps with the rings inwards with the red stitching facing each other so the flaps don’t cut into the inguinal soft tissue (see video).
- Close the snap shackle.
4. Connect to the kMeter (optional)
- Plug in the kMeter module to the socket underneath the kBox and turn on the kMeter module (if your kBox was purchased before May 2018).
- Download and start the kMeter app (see the kMeter Quick Start Guide).
- The kBox4 Active is compatible with the kMeter II but it needs to be purchased separately (all other kBox4 systems include a built-in kMeter II since May 2018).
5. Prepare for workout
- Decide on a workout such as squat or biceps curl, depending on available accessories.
- Position yourself with both feet on the kBox, always using shoes.
- Unwind the belt from the shaft.
- Adjust the belt length as desired by holding the belt release button down while you position the pulley block in the desired top position and wait until the excess belt has been rewinded automatically.
6. Start workout
- Wind up some belt on the shaft, by setting the flywheel in motion in any direction using your hand or foot.
- Pull until the chosen top position, where the motion will change direction and the flywheel will start pulling you down.
- Without resisting, let the flywheel pull you down to your desired bottom position (beginning of concentric phase).
- Start working out by pulling and resisting, performing concentric and eccentric movements.
7. Stop workout
- Decelerate the flywheel to a complete stop in the end position where the pulley is closest to the bottom.
- To put the flywheel to a complete stop, press the sole of your shoe against it after deceleration.
- If you are using a harness you can also disconnect the harness from the pulley block using the shackle.
Congratulations on your first flywheel training experience!