Introducing kMeter 2.1 at the CSCCa National Conference
On site today at the National Conference of the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association, we are proud to introduce version 2.1 of the free kMeter app, providing reliable exercise feedback for kBox users. The kMeter now includes editable exercise list, research mode and more:
So, what were we able to add in the new version 2.1? If you are in Orlando this week, just stop by booth 928 at the CSCCa conference for a personal demonstration – or keep reading:
Change name, order of the existing drills or remove or add your own drills. By changing order you can make sure your favorite drills are at the top of the list saving time for you saving data. Create your own drills and no need to write long comments and having to keep track of them.
I think many of you will like this possibility to edit your own exercise list. Let us know if you use it!
By turning this on the share button in the summary turns in to a raw data dump into an Excel-compatible file giving you the rotational data for every 40 ms reading. This is a feature some have asked for, and now you got it.
We made a few fixes regarding W/kg in the relative power calculations and file compability when sharing data to Excel.
Existing kMeter 2.0 Features
Before we wrap up, let’s briefly go through the current kMeter features that were already available before today’s release:
- Real time data of average power, peak concentric and eccentric power.
- Graphic, numerical and voice feedback.
- Set limit based on reps, time or power drop-off% for traditional, metabolic or VBT based training.
- Set summary with power, force, displacement, average and peak speed, relative peak power (W/kg BW), rep time, kcal expenditure and more.
- Multi user, created different user with birthdate, gender, height, weight and switch easily from the front screen.
- Editable data, change drill, user, VAS score from previously saved data.
- Landscape mode in device or on TV via AppleTV.
- Share screen of summery to photo roll.
- Database with possibility to share all or selected data in a CSV compatible file.
- Filter data in the database based on user.
For a run through of the new features, check out the video below.
Thank you for your feedback, keep it coming! Now, go download version 2.1 of the kMeter now on iTunes.
/Fredrik Correa, Co-Founder