Introductory Course: Standard
- Goal: To understand the benefits of flywheel training, and to be able to use flywheel training safely and efficiently
- Prerequisites: None, but basic strength and conditioning experience assumed
- Duration: 4 hours
- Cost: EUR 85 per participant
No experience is required for this course. However, we recommend two years experience from regular personal strength training.
Goals and Objectives
- To learn more about the history of flywheel training
- To get a basic knowledge of human strength and eccentric training
- To understand the physiology and benefits of flywheel training
- To be able to use flywheel training safely and efficiently
- To be introduced to some methods of load and eccentric overload
- To be introduced to the science behind flywheel training
- To learn more about maintenance of kBox
Content and Structure
The course includes four hours of instruction on flywheel training with the kBox, with alternating theoretical and practical elements. The concepts of strength and different forms of strength training are discussed, including neural factors, muscular factors and mechanical factors. Different strength training exercises with the kBox flywheel device are practiced.
Clothing: We recommend training clothes to be able to participate in the practical sessions.
Evaluation: After every course, the participants are offered to take part in an anonymous survey with the aim of developing the course content, structure and implementation.